All YUM related articles in one place! Helpful YUM cheat sheet to learn, understand, revise YUM related sysadmin tasks on a single page.
YUM is Yellow dog Updater Modified. Its a package management tool for RPM-based systems. It has below a list of features that make it must use for every sysadmin.
- Simple install, uninstall, upgrade operations for packages
- Automatic resolves software dependency while installing or upgrading
- Looks for more than one source for software (supports multiple repositories)
- Supports CLI and GUI
- Automatically detects architecture of the system and search for best-fit software version
- Works well with remote (network connectivity) and local (without network connectivity) repositories.
In this article, I am gathering all YUM related posts in one place so that you don’t have to search them through our site!
Share Your Comments & Feedback: